The following rules are applicable.
How to apply for a visa
You can download the application form here. Both parts of the form must be filled in and be delivered to the Embassy. Together with the application please bring:
The embassy needs an invitation from the reference in Denmark (i.e. person/organisation/company) with the following information to support your application:
- A letter or an e-mail containing the full name, address and telephone number of the person/organisation/company inviting you.
- The letter or e-mail must contain your full name, address and passport number.
- The letter or e-mail must specify the purpose of the stay, the duration of the stay and who will cover the cost of the stay.
- You must bring the application forms duly filled-in and signed. Your passport must be valid at least three months beyond the expected duration of the stay.
- You must bring a photocopy of the passport’s data-page as well as any pages containing previous Schengen-visas, -entry and/or -exit stamps
- You must bring a colour photo (passport size of good quality for scanning).
- You must bring documentation for income (employment letter, pension, etc.)
For family visits additionally:
- You must bring proof of family relation (Birth and marriage certificates must be original or certified copies)
For business visits additionally:
- You must bring a certificate of employment (or similar) from your employer and a grey work booklet.
- You must bring proof that the local company is duly registered (e.g. transcript from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry) might be requested.
- Proof of your business relationship with the Danish company might be requested.
For tourist visits
You must bring a hotel reservation which will take the place of the invitation mentioned above.
The Embassy needs 5-10 working days to process the application. After that the embassy will contact you and inform you when you can pick up your visa or whether your application has been forwarded to the Danish Immigration Service for further consideration. This can take some time.
The Danish Immigration Service’s estimate of their handling time can be found on this website.
If a positive decision is reached and before the visa may be issued, you are required to present a valid return ticket as well as a valid medical insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 EUR valid throughout the territory of the Schengen member states.
The general procedure for applying a Danish Schengen visa is described at the homepage of the Danish Immigration Service.
Additional information concerning visa-related issues may be obtained at phone no. +381 11 3679 500 from 9.00 - 16.00.